SNV will be attending The Global Off-Grid Solar Forum and Expo which takes place January 22-24, 2018 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. The event is organized by GOGLA, the industry association for the off grid solar market.
The forum, which is a key event for the sector, provides a unique platform for knowledge exchange, networking and showcasing of off-grid solar products and services. The event aims to accelerate the development of the global off-grid solar market which will in turn contribute to achieving SDG7.
At the event, SNV expert Philippe Baudez, Energy Market Development Advisor will join the panel discussion entitled Reaching Faster Further: Deploying Public Resources Effectively to Promote Commercial Markets which will take place on 22 January at 3:45pm. The session will look at best practices from the perspective of a start-up, a local player and an international player. There will also be an exchange views from the government side, the private sector, and a development partner.
The questions that will be answered in this session are:
- What donor intervention can accelerate off-grid electrification?
- What is needed to ease entry to new markets?
- Are donors addressing the needs of varied market players (large and small; international and local)?
Solar energy is a key focus for SNV as part of our sustainable energy programme. We support the development of sustainable and inclusive Solar PV markets by triggering local and international companies to take the lead and enter rural markets, thereby enabling low-income people to gain access to high quality products. Companies become profitable and exponentially grow their businesses, thus accelerating the markets.
Read blogs and updates regarding our work to create access to clean renewable energy:
- Stimulating off-grid solar PV markets: More Bright Lights for Benin as part of the Bright Lights for Benin project
- Read our off-grid electricity Solar PV Capability statement
- Help us to Ignite Solar Energy Markets! Read our Solar Call to Action
- Results Based Financing (RBF) for Rural Market Development of Pico-Solar
- EnDev partners with SNV to provide Kenyan refugee camps with access to energy